This policy is valid from 28 March 2013
In accordance with FTC guidelines, Haute Lacquer discloses pertinent post information at the top as well as at the bottom of each post. Please refer to the button definitions below for more information.
- Press Sample - This button indicates that the post contains products sent for review consideration by PR representatives or brands. My commitment is to honesty, and because of this, products sent for review consideration do not influence the content written on this blog.
- Press Release - This button indicates that the post contains information, links, and/or photos provided by PR representatives or brands. These posts typically showcase news on upcoming collections, events, promotions, and more.
- Purchased By Me - This button indicates that the post contains products purchased by me with my own money. This disclosure may be shown in conjunction with the Press Sample button at times, specifically if multiple nail polishes/products were used.
- Affiliate Link - This button indicates that the post contains an affiliate link. Purchases made via affiliate links provide small commissions to me but do not affect the purchaser's end of the transaction.
- Sponsored Post - This button indicates that the post has been sponsored. All links in sponsored posts carry rel=nofollow tags. I will never accept sponsored post contracts for projects I do not believe in.
HauteLacquer.com accepts products and free samples for consideration from brands and public relations representatives. However, compensation will not be accepted in order to constitute a contract for a favorable review. All reviews are completely honest and unbiased and are based on actual use of the product. Any product(s) sent for review is/are disclosed in the same post.
HauteLacquer.com accepts paid sponsorships/advertisements from brands, companies, and public relations representatives. Affiliate links may also be posted on the site. However, any compensation received does not have an impact on a review or the opinions of the site owner.
Giveaways and Contests
HauteLacquer.com/giveaway and contest sponsors are not responsible for any late or lost entries, electronic, hardware, Internet or other computer/communications related malfunctions, giveaway disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of HauteLacquer.com/any sponsors, any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the giveaway or prizes lost in shipment. All federal, state, local or international taxes associated with the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. By entering the giveaway through this website, you release HauteLacquer.com and any sponsors from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the giveaway or delivery, misdelivery or acceptance of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. HauteLacquer.com/any sponsoring partners are not responsible for lost or misdirected prizes. No purchase is necessary to enter any of these giveaways or contests unless otherwise stated.
When you post a comment on HauteLacquer.com, your email address may be required but is never posted. The purpose of this is to reduce the amount of spam to maintain the integrity of the site. If you enter a giveaway, your email address is used to contact you to obtain your mailing information in order to fulfill your prize. Sometimes your personal shipping information is shared with the brands who often ship the prizes directly from their location. You will always be notified in advance if this is the case and will have the option to decline to provide your mailing address and forfeit the prize. Please understand that any information that is disclosed or voluntarily submitted by you in the comments area becomes public information and any third-party conduct is out of our control. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. Our site also contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for their privacy practices or content.
If you subscribe to HauteLacquer.com by email, your email address will also be recorded by the Feedburner service, you always have the option of unsubscribing from the service at any time through the “Unsubscribe” feature in the newsletters.
We will not disclose any personal information about you without your prior consent, with exception to comply with any legal requirements of any governmental authority or to protect the property of HauteLacquer.com .
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our Web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit www.networkadvertising.org.